New England Crab Cakes
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 cups Panko crumbs
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Whisk together the eggs, scallions, pepper and salt. Add the crabmeat and stir to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 24 small patties, each a heaping tablespoon. Place on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour. Whisk the 2 eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Place Panko crumbs in a glass pie plate. Dip each crabcake in the egg and then the Panko crumbs, coating completely. Heat the olive oil on a griddle. Cook the crabcakes until nicely browned. Turn and cook until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. If you are not serving immediately, store on a cookie sheet, cover with Saran wrap. Reheat for 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- This recipe pairs well with our Giles E. Warner white.
Hardwick Winery http://www.hardwickwinery.com/