Butternut Squash Soup
Write a review
- 1 Butternut Squash – large dice
- 3 cups Vermont Apple Cider
- To taste - Kosher Salt (we used 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp toasted ground cumin
- 1/4 clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Reduce 1 cup of apple cider to a thick glaze - reserve.
- Dice butternut squash.
- Place in medium pot with 1 tablespoon salt, 2 cups cider and just enough water to cover.
- Cook on medium heat until squash is tender – approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Puree until smooth with handblender, add toasted ground cumin, cinnamon, clove and nutmeg.
- Finish with 1 cup heavy cream. Season with more salt if necessary.
- This recipe pairs well with our Massetts Cranberry Wine.
Hardwick Winery http://www.hardwickwinery.com/