Grilled Steaks with Hardwick Red Onion Chutney
Write a review
- 4 Porterhouse steaks (12 to 16 ounces each- up to 2 inches thick)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 red onions peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar or Vermont maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- In large saute pan over high heat, heat oil until very hot. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and saute until deep brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, a splash of Hardwick Red Wine, brown sugar or VT maple syrup, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute - remove from heat and set aside.
- This recipe both uses and pairs well with our Hardwick Red.
Hardwick Winery http://www.hardwickwinery.com/