- 1/2 a bottle of Hardwick Red Wine
- 1/2 a bottle of Quabbin Native Wine
- 1 cup of Blackberry Brandy
- 1/2 cup of Triple Sec
- 3 cups of Gingerale
- Fresh Fruit (oranges, strawberries, lemons & limes)
- Mix all Ingredients together, stir well and served chilled
Set on 150 acres on the Ware-Hardwick line, Hardwick Vineyard & Winery makes 3,000 gallons of wine every year in six varieties from its own vineyard. Owned and operated by John and Audrey Samek and their daughter, Jenn Samek-Lutkus, the winery blends the family’s contemporary business and home life with a deep appreciation for the late 18th- century world that once thrived here.
When I want to escape from the noise and stress of city life, I head west. Not “West” west, Gold Rush west, “west of the Mississippi” west—just a short jaunt west of Boston, to Massachusetts’ North Quabbin region, for a hearty dose of country living.