Simple Wine Stewed Chicken Breast and Potatoes
- 3 lg. potatoes
- olive oil
- 1/2 lg. sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs. of chicken breasts (trimmed)
- 1 1/2 c. white wine ~ reserve a 1/2 cup
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth ~reserve 1/2 cup
- 2 lg bay leaves (3 if med. size)
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves ( fresh rosemary, or lemon thyme is a good substitute if you have them on hand)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Put a cast iron, or other pan without a non-stick coating on med-high heat, and pour in about a tbs. of olive oil.
- Chop the potatoes into roughly 1″ chunks and toss in the hot pan.
- Begin slicing the chicken breasts against the grain, into thin slices.
- When the potatoes start to brown, add the sweet onions.
- Once the onions are beginning to caramelize, add the garlic and salt.
- Add the chicken, and saute for a couple minutes, then add 1c. wine, 2 cups broth, herbs & Worcestershire.
- Simmer for about an hour, then add remaining wine & broth. Simmer another hour.
- This recipe pairs well with our Yankee Boy White Wine.
Hardwick Winery http://www.hardwickwinery.com/